1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
⅓ cup parsley, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Grate the sweet potato with a coarse cheese grater.
3. Transfer the grated bits to a medium bowl and season with a ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Mix the sweet potato until well incorporated.
4. Let the sweet potato sit for 20 minutes until the salt has drawn out some of the moisture.
5. Pour the sweet potato into a kitchen towel and twist to strain as much liquid as you can.
6. Place the grated sweet potato back into a bowl and mix with the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, onion powder, remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt, pepper, and egg, and mix until well combined.
7. From the mixture into 15 even-sized tots and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 20-24 minutes, flipping each halfway through..
9. Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.